Monday, June 7, 2010

Lesson 9: Communing with Nature

Recently I did a reading where I pulled the High Priestess as my significator (that's the card that represents the person asking a question).

The High Priestess is a guide to those who are willing to venture deep within their minds to discover the true powers hidden inside each of us. If you accept the Shadow within you, its powers will be open to you if you wish to use them.

In most people the Shadow (or subconscious) side is passive, but no less powerful, and the Priestess advocates a need for passivity in a situation or in your life at a given moment. It is not always necessary to act; sometimes goals can be realized through inaction.

The High Priestess represents the mysteries of the unconscious and the Inner Voice, and her appearance is often a sign that your own intuition is trying to send you a message. The unconscious often speaks to us in symbols, so be alert around you for anything that seems out of the ordinary. This said, if you have an important decision to make when the Priestess appears, this is often a sign that the answers will be revealed to you, if you are patient and open to the whispers from within. You simply have to wait and be receptive to inner messages.

I chose this particular card for its artwork because it was the first High Priestess card I found with the priestess surrounded by nature. Most High Priestess cards have the priestess either in a temple or under the moon, or both. The moon represents the feminine and all things of the night. But I am more interested in the High Priestess of the Nature Goddess, so I wanted to find her in nature, rather than sequestered in a temple.

On Thursday morning, my daughter and I are going to a secret cabin in the mountains in southern Colorado and we'll be there for a week. I'm only going to take one thing for my mind to focus on: The Magical Diaries of Lilith Fyerider. I have to read through the manuscript again and prepare more submissions. Then I can mail them when I get back in a week. With zero distractions I can finally get my head into it.

Basically the idea is to go deep into nature, be quiet, commune with nature, listen, let my senses come alive, become more perceptive and receptive, more intuitive and imaginative, clear out distractions and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment